There are now 2 ways to take your LEED exam
As of May 2020, you now have the option to take your exam either:
1) *at a Prometric Test Center (the same way the exams have always been administered)
2) online remotely from a location of your choice using Prometric’s ProProctor tool
*most Prometric Test Centers have reopened, but not all have. Also, some are only open for select exams (not including the LEED exams). For a full list of the Prometric Testing Centers that are open (and partially open) please click here
How to take your LEED exam online (from home, office, or other location)
This short 2-minute video provides a great overview of the remote online testing process –
The testing process is simple and the steps are as follows:
1) Do a System Readiness Check
2) Download and install the ProProctor application
3) Launch your exam
4) Let the Prometric Readiness Agent confirm your identity
5) Provide the agent with a complete 360° view of your environment using your webcam
6) Provide the agent with a complete 360° view of yourself and empty pockets
7) Take your exam without leaving the room until you are finished
ProProctor System Requirements
In order to be able to test online you need the following:
Laptop/PC Power Source
Please plug your device directly into a power source, unattached from a docking station.
1024 x 768 is the minimum resolution required
Windows 7 or higher | MacOS 10.13 or higher
Current version of Google Chrome
Internet Connection Speed
0.5 mbps or greater
Please position your device where you can receive the strongest signal. For the best experience, please use an Ethernet cable to connect directly to the router.
Complete ProProctor Instructions
Click here to download the ProProctor User Guide 4.0 that contains complete instructions for texting online through ProProctor.
Other Helpful Resources
These candidate handbooks are the USGBC’s latest guides to registering and preparing for the LEED exams (Updated May 2020) – click image to download:
Do you need study tools?
For over 12 years we have specialized in helping professionals just like you advance their careers and the green building movement.
To learn more about the best study tools you can get for these exams, click here.