Reducing the Urban Heat Island Effect: Strategies for Lowering Your Energy Bills
Access this course in your account as soon as you check out
This course is intended for those seeking a comprehensive understanding of heat island reduction. We’ll explore the physics of heat transfer, the causes of the heat island effect, and how it can be quantified. We’ll also look at a number of mitigation strategies and approaches. We’ll discuss how the local climate affects it and how public policy can influence it. Finally, we’ll look at ways that your mitigation strategies can help your project earn points toward LEED certification.
- List the principal factors that influence the heat island effect
- Describe four strategies for mitigating the heat island effect
- List three ways that governments are addressing the heat island effect
- Describe the LEED credits for heat island mitigation
- Identify synergies between heat island mitigation strategies and other LEED credits
Bundle & Save
Try our Continuing Education Packages and save more! LEED AP BD+C 30 Hour Package is design to include everything you need to maintain your LEED AP credential, with at least 6 LEED Specific hours. Or Any 30 CE Hours let’s you design your own bundle and pick the topics that interest you most.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
#1 Educator In Green Building
If you are not completely satisfied with any product, you can receive a full refund of the product purchase price, full credit, or exchange of your choice. We give you 30 days from your purchase date1.To request a refund, please contact us.