LEED AP ID+C Exam Prep
The LEED AP ID+C professional credential demonstrates advanced knowledge in the interior design and construction phases of commercial building projects. The USGBC + GBCI created this Tier 2 credential for professionals who want to specialize in Interior Design & Construction: Commercial Interiors. You have to have already passed the LEED Green Associate (Tier 1) exam or be willing to take the combo (GA and ID+C). This LEED v4 exam is based on specific Task Domains and Knowledge Areas highlighted in the ID+C Candidate Handbook.
GBES has several ID+C exam prep tools to choose from as well as complete bundles. Our LEED experts have passed this specialty credential and also work on real LEED projects. The GBES practice test are just like the real exam and are the #1 study tool to pass!
GBES has the LEED AP ID+C Exam Prep that you need. Our products will help you study so that you feel fully prepared to pass the first time. Our online LEED Exam Prep study tools have helped over 110,000 people advance their green building careers with a LEED credential.
The LEED AP ID+C Exam
The LEED AP ID+C exam will test you on the best practices for the design and construction of commercial space inside a green building. There are 100 multiple-choice questions on this exam, which you’ll take at a Prometric Testing Center. While the Green Associate exam tests general green-building knowledge, this AP exam is much more specific and focuses on the thresholds required to earn LEED ID+C certification for your interiors project. It is a closed-book professional credential exam.
There are three types of questions that you will encounter in the LEED AP ID+C exam. They are:
- Recall – these questions require memorization of key LEED v4 terms, especially terms relating to the operation and maintenance of green buildings
- Application – these questions ask the candidate to solve a problem in a scenario-based format
- Analysis – these questions offer the candidates a complex scenario with multiple components, and assess the candidate’s ability to understand the relationships between the components and the synergies between different solutions
LEED AP ID+C Knowledge Domains
As with all LEED credential exams, content is drawn from knowledge domains, which reflect the rating systems’ credit categories and what you need to know. Here’s the breakdown for the LEED AP ID+C exam:
- LEED Process (11 questions)
- Integrative Strategies (8 questions)
- Location and Transportation (8 questions)
- Water Efficiency (10 questions)
- Energy and Atmosphere (15 questions)
- Materials and Resources (17 questions)
- Indoor Environmental Quality (16 questions)
(There are 15 beta questions in each exam that are not scored, bringing the question total to 100.)
Is LEED AP ID+C Right for you?
If you still have questions about which LEED AP credential to pursue, check out our GBES blog on the most common types of professionals who earn the LEED AP ID+C. Does this path make sense for your green building career?