Andrew’s primary areas of expertise are in low carbon buildings and renewable energy, both large and small scale. His professional and academic experience ranges from consultancy, program management, technical and non-technical articles and publications, lecture and workshop delivery, and primary research.
Andrew’s main goal is to help organizations adopt and deliver low carbon solutions, particularly energy efficiency measures.
Specialties: Passivhaus, low carbon construction, energy efficiency, low carbon technologies, PV, wind, sustainability lectures and workshops, study tours, programme management, certification, technology assessment methodologies, helpline management, thermal modelling, c programming, technical research.
- Andrew’s commitment to the work carved his own path in the industry and created a company and energy standards.
- Unpacking the misconceptions and how Passive House can fundamentally be applied to any building type.
- Andrew shares what’s realistically happening with projects pursuing both Passive House and LEED programs
- Are they complementary?
- When would you apply Passive House instead of LEED?
- Learn Andrew’s unique way of tackling the cost question by steering the budget discussion differently
- Impactful targets to consider for industry transformation and the future of sustainability and green building.
- How partnering in the industry ensures a great project and out of the box thinking
- Andrew explains how routine meditation helps reshape your thinking to support creativity and why he doesn’t take work that doesn’t align with his mission or vision.
“Get a vision for your life and your career. Like what really motivates you, what you are passionate about, and take action towards that despite what others may say. Carve your own path. There’s always some level of realism, but do what you’re passionate about. It’s really about what do I want to be doing on a day to day basis. I’ve always had interesting projects that keep me engaged. I’m always learning. So always, always find opportunities to learn and grow.” -Andrew Peel
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to www.gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended